Careers: Teaching Artists
Work with Arts for Learning. Share your expertise.
Become an Arts for Learning Teaching Artist!
Arts for Learning works with a dynamic team of professional visual and performing artists to deliver in depth residencies to students from ages 0-18 in a variety of settings both in and out of schools. Arts for Learning hires artists three times a year for semester length multi-week residencies in the fall, spring, and summer. Programming is offered throughout the day and at locations across Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Projects are expected to be in-depth explorations of age-appropriate artistic, social, and academic content.
- Applying artistry to advance teaching and learning
- Developing arts integrated lesson plans that further student artistic and personal growth
- Providing high quality sequential arts instruction to children and youth
- Modeling arts integration to teachers
- Working with collaborators to produce a culminating event
- Partnering with teachers, after-school programs, and community sites to connect the artistic process to learning
- Evaluating and assessing student and teacher progress
Arts for Learning is looking for professional artists who are passionate about sharing the arts with Miami’s youth.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or comparable demonstrated professional experience in their artistic discipline
- Possess a minimum of three years demonstrated experience working with children and youth
- Be passionate about the power of the arts to enrich and change the lives of children and youth
- Have strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Have a self-directed commitment to excellence
- Be creative and critical thinkers
- Be dynamic, resourceful and dedicated to Arts for Learning’s mission
- As Arts for Learning works directly with minors, artist applicants must pass a federal background screening prior to hiring.
Resumes accepted year-round. Response will be limited to those candidates who are being considered for interviews.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Carlos Noguera, Artist Services Director, Carlos@A4Lmiami.org
Arts for Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Arts for Learning
Founded in 2000, Arts for Learning (A4L) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing teaching and learning through the arts. With the tagline, “All Children. All Arts”, our vision is that Miami’s youngest residents, from infancy through high school, are empowered by the arts to thrive in the world, with knowledge, creativity and passion. A4L serves more than 5,000 children annually through artist residencies in early learning centers, after school arts classes, summer camps, studio programs, and internships in the arts for high school students. A4L’s teaching artists are professional actors, directors, musicians, dancers, choreographers, writers, and visual artists who are committed to sharing their artistry and creative processes with Miami’s youngest learners. In order to ensure the success of the organization, A4L develops meaningful community relationships, understands and appreciates stakeholders’ needs, demonstrates creative problem solving, and leverages data to inform & support solutions.
Arts for Learning’s Core Values
Learning, Meaning, Resilience, Creativity, Integrity, Equity, Inclusiveness