Part Time Position
About Arts for Learning
Founded in 2000, Arts for Learning (A4L) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing teaching and learning through the arts. With the tagline, “All Children. All Arts”, our vision is that Miami’s youngest residents, from infancy through high school, are empowered by the arts to thrive in the world, with knowledge, creativity and passion. A4L serves more than 5,000 children annually through artist residencies in early learning centers, after school arts classes, summer camps, studio programs, and internships in the arts for high school students. A4L’s teaching artists are professional actors, directors, musicians, dancers, choreographers, writers, and visual artists who are committed to sharing their artistry and creative processes with Miami’s youngest learners. In order to ensure the success of the organization, A4L develops meaningful community relationships, understands and appreciates stakeholders’ needs, demonstrates creative problem solving, and leverages data to inform & support solutions.
Arts for Learning’s Core Values
Learning, Meaning, Resilience, Creativity, Integrity, Equity, Inclusiveness
We seek a friendly, diligent, critical thinker who loves details, finding efficient solutions, being a team player, and is hyper-organized. The Program Assistant reports to the Senior Program Director and works closely with the entire Program Team as well as with the Finance and Operations Department to ensure continuity in systems and information.
- Prepare materials for and assist with teaching artist trainings, presentations, orientations, family festivals, and other events as needed (may require occasional work on Saturdays a few times a year)
- Manage data entry, including but not limited to teaching artist class schedules and contract deliverables
- Order, maintain inventory of, and distribute program equipment and supplies as needed
- Manage onsite and offsite storage areas
- Oversee program supply budgets and ensure teaching artists submit their budget request according to contract
- Assist with program participant recruitment and registration as needed
- Develop strong working relationships with program locations and teaching artists
- Provide back-up event staffing for Program Directors and Managers in their absence
- Answer phones and direct visitors
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent data entry and data management skills
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Zoom Pro, G-Suite, and Online Survey Tools
- Attention to detail
- Bilingual English – Spanish preferred
- AA degree preferred
- Experience or interest in education, the arts, or administration is helpful
Note: As A4L works directly with minors, background screenings are conducted prior to and during employment.
Starting pay: $16-$18/hour, 403B plan and match, room for growth and advancement
Please send resume and a cover letter to:
Dia Carter Webb
Senior Program Director
We are seeking to hire immediately.
Response will be limited to those candidates who are being considered for interviews.
Arts for Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer