Personnel & Operations Coordinator
Full Time Position
About Arts for Learning
Founded in 2000, Arts for Learning (A4L) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing teaching and learning through the arts. With the tagline, “All Children. All Arts”, our vision is that Miami’s youngest residents, from infancy through high school, are empowered by the arts to thrive in the world, with knowledge, creativity and passion. A4L serves more than 5,000 children annually through artist residencies in early learning centers, after school arts classes, summer camps, studio programs, and internships in the arts for high school students. A4L’s teaching artists are professional actors, directors, musicians, dancers, choreographers, writers, and visual artists who are committed to sharing their artistry and creative processes with Miami’s youngest learners. In order to ensure the success of the organization, A4L develops meaningful community relationships, understands and appreciates stakeholders’ needs, demonstrates creative problem solving, and leverages data to inform & support solutions.
Arts for Learning’s Core Values
Learning, Meaning, Resilience, Creativity, Integrity, Equity, Inclusiveness
The Personnel & Operations Coordinator supports the Finance & Operations Department to improve the efficiency of the organization. The Personnel & Operations Coordinator is responsible for processing all new hires including employees and independent contractors, tracking timesheets and deliverables against contracts, renewing benefits and insurances, and ensuring A4L remains compliant with required personnel policies. This role manages the office and serves as the liaison with A4L’s IT, phone/internet, and software companies. In addition, the position supports general business functions and is responsible for renewing organizational insurances, censuses, and licenses, and disseminating policy information as appropriate. The Personnel & Operations Coordinator reports to the Finance & Operations Director.
• Process new and returning hires
• Maintain personnel records, benefits, insurances, and personnel policies
• Create and disseminate 1099 contracts
• Collect and track timesheets and deliverables
• Manage the main office and storage needs
• Maintain office assets, equipment, and supply inventory
• Serves as the liaison with A4L’s IT, phone/internet, and software companies
• Ensure A4L’s studio location is maintained and schedule repairs as necessary
• Process and distribute mail
• Manages organizational insurances, censuses, and licenses to ensure compliance with varying agencies
• Support phone answering and directing visitors
• Detail and accuracy oriented
• Strong critical and flexible thinking skills
• Excellent and independent problem solving skills
• Supportive and participatory team member
• Ability to prioritize and meet routine deadlines
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Consistent follow through
• Value of and commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized and self-motivated
• Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Database experience
• Bachelor’s degree, preferred, in an area related to business, administration, data or HR
Note: As A4L works directly with minors, background screenings are conducted prior to and during employment.
Starting Salary Range: $35,000-$42,000 commensurate with experience; plus competitive benefits including health, vision, dental, and life insurance, PTO, 403(B) plan and parental leave.
Please send resume and a cover letter to:
Sidra Mattson Urbom
Finance & Operations Director
We are seeking to hire immediately.
Response will be limited to those candidates who are being considered for interviews.
Arts for Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer