Early Childhood Program Manager
Full Time Position
About Arts for Learning
Founded in 2000, Arts for Learning (A4L) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing teaching and learning through the arts. With the tagline, “All Children. All Arts”, our vision is that Miami’s youngest residents, from infancy through high school, are empowered by the arts to thrive in the world, with knowledge, creativity, and passion. A4L serves more than 5,000 children annually through artist residencies in early learning centers, after school arts classes, summer camps, studio programs, and internships in the arts for high school students. A4L’s teaching artists are professional actors, directors, musicians, dancers, choreographers, writers, and visual artists who are committed to sharing their artistry and creative processes with Miami’s youngest learners. In order to ensure the success of the organization, A4L develops meaningful community relationships, understands and appreciates stakeholders’ needs, demonstrates creative problem solving, and leverages data to inform & support solutions.
Arts for Learning’s Core Values
Learning, Meaning, Resilience, Creativity, Integrity, Equity, Inclusiveness
We are seeking a dynamic individual who loves education, knows the power and impact of the arts on early learning, and who can joyously manage the implementation of our early learning in the arts programs across the community. A strong candidate will excel at establishing and maintaining relationships, have impeccable follow through, be a team player who can not only adapt to but also anticipate and manage change, and have experience in early childhood education, education, child development, or youth development programs.
The Early Childhood Program Manager is responsible for the successful management and implementation of all of A4L’s early learning initiatives. This position has room for growth and advancement and reports to the Senior Program Director. This position also works closely with all program directors.
- Oversees and manages the early learning program implementation and maintains healthy and productive working relationships at multiple partner schools with various partners/clients (including Head Start, Miami-Dade County Public Schools, and private preschool centers)
- Ensures contract/grant deliverables are fulfilled
- Manages early learning program budgets
- Orients teaching artists to program goals and conducts meetings as necessary to ensure program quality
- Collects and enters accurate program data, such as number of participants, schedules, and demographics in a timely manner
- Oversees A4L’s early learning program assessment and evaluation
- Analyzes program data to refine and improve offerings
- Drafts program reports as required
- Assists with video, photo, and written program documentation for reports and PR
- Represents A4L in relevant partner meetings, at conferences as appropriate, and with key early learning stakeholders
- Serves as the co-liaison with Wolf Trap, A4L’s national affiliate for excellence in early learning in the arts
Please note that the A4L staff is small and therefore, from time to time, all staff members may assist with various functions of the organization.
- Expertise in early learning, education, and/or child development
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and self-directed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- B.A./B.S Degree in early education
- Experience in program administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Zoom Pro, G-Suite, and Online Survey Tools
Note: As A4L works directly with minors, background screenings are conducted prior to and during employment
Starting Salary: $50,000/year plus competitive benefits including medical, vision, dental, and life insurance, generous PTO and holidays, 403(B) plan and match, and paid parental leave.
Please send resume and a cover letter to:
Dia Carter Webb Sr. Program Director
Include “Early Childhood Program Manager” in email subject
We are seeking to hire immediately.
Response will be limited to those candidates who are being considered for interviews.
Arts for Learning/Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer.