Become an Arts for Learning Teaching Artist!
Position Available: Teaching Artist
Position Type: Independent Contractor
Arts for Learning works with a dynamic team of professional visual and performing artists to deliver in depth residencies to students from ages 0-18 in a variety of settings both in and out of schools. Arts for Learning hires artists three times a year for semester length multi-week residencies in the fall, spring, and summer. Programming is offered throughout the day and at locations across Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Projects are expected to be in-depth explorations of age-appropriate artistic, social, and academic content.
- Applying artistry to advance teaching and learning
- Developing arts integrated lesson plans that further student artistic and personal growth
- Providing high quality sequential arts instruction to children and youth
- Modeling arts integration to teachers
- Working with collaborators to produce a culminating event
- Partnering with teachers, after-school programs, and community sites to connect the artistic process to learning
- Evaluating and assessing student and teacher progress
Arts for Learning is looking for professional artists who are passionate about sharing the arts with Miami’s youth.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or comparable demonstrated professional experience in their artistic discipline
- Possess a minimum of three years demonstrated experience working with children and youth
- Be passionate about the power of the arts to enrich and change the lives of children and youth
- Have strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Have a self-directed commitment to excellence
- Be creative and critical thinkers
- Be dynamic, resourceful and dedicated to Arts for Learning’s mission
As Arts for Learning works directly with minors, artist applicants must pass a federal background screening prior to hiring.
If you are interested in becoming an A4L Teaching Artist, send resume and cover letter to
Ivy Bennett, Program Director
Response will be limited to those candidates who are being considered for interviews.