Arts for Learning works with highly qualified and experienced professional visual and performing artists to support the many programs offered by the organization. Arts for Learning also provides training on how to successfully work with students and the community, access to other local and national teaching artists, and supports the development of personal artistic endeavors.
Become an A4L Artist!
Position Available: Teaching Artist
Position Type: Independent Contractor
Arts for Learning/Miami is an arts-in-education nonprofit dedicated to advancing teaching and learning through the arts. Arts for Learning accomplishes its mission by connecting the creative process to academic achievement and life skill development. A4L provides quality arts experiences for students of all ages (grades pre-k-12) in school and community settings.
- Applying artistry to advance teaching and learning
- Developing arts integrated lesson plans
- Providing high quality sequential arts instruction to children and youth
- Modeling arts integration to teachers
- Working with collaborators to produce a culminating event
- Collaborating with teachers, after-school program, and community sites to connect the artistic process to learning
- Serving as a resource to teachers, artists, and administrators
A4L is looking for professional artists who are passionate about sharing the arts with Miami’s youth.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years (10 years preferred) demonstrated professional experience in their artistic discipline
- Possess a minimum of 3 years (10 years preferred) demonstrated experience working with children and youth
- Be passionate about the power of the arts to enrich and change the lives of children and youth
- Have strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Have a self-directed commitment to excellence
- Be creative and critical thinkers
- Be dynamic, resourceful and dedicated to A4Lís mission
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Betsy Mullins, Director of Artist Services
Arts for Learning/Miami
1900 Biscayne Blvd. Ste. 201
Miami, FL 33132
Fax: (305) 576-1193
Resumes accepted year-round. Response will be limited to those candidates who are being considered for interviews.
Arts for Learning/Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer.